Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twinkle, twinkle, little star...



In today's mailbag, a/k/a, my Yahoo email, was one from my pal, writer extraordinaire, Edie Ramer (whom you better vote for - time's awaisting). The subject: I Love Your Blog! She was awarded it, and then passed it along to me, and six others. As recipient of the award, I need to pass it along to seven other blogs that I love.

But before doing that, I have to say how truly honored I am because I know Edie visits plenty-o-blogs. She knows good when she sees it. :) Her reason for choosing my blog assured me that I'm on the right path to my goal.

I believe that in order to achieve success one has to surround themselves with like-minded people, thus visiting writers' blogs that bestow great wisdom and insight into the writing beast's mouth. It's what keeps us afloat as we swim against the tide, which at times feels like a tsunami. And through the blog-hopping mambo, I have found that writers are stars in their own right - a galaxy imploding with a constant glimmering pulse.

Sure, maybe I'm making writers sound like a bunch of self-righteous ego maniacs. I'm just saying that it's necessary for writers to view themselves as the next best selling novelist. That each time they look at their work in progress, they should hum the tune depicted above. (And if you haven't played it yet, do it so this makes sense to you.) I used to hum it all the time, then got out of the habit, or the tune slipped away in the black hole known as my brain, but thanks to Edie, it's back now, baby!

And without further adieu, here are seven blogs that I love:

1. Magical Musings, a group of four talented women's fiction authors. It's a one-stop blog hop extravaganza filled with not only mind boggling ideas, but really cool author interviews and book reviews, too.

2. Erica Orloff, whose blog intrigues me with its constant diversity. I admire Erica's ability to produce a new blog every day while juggling her writing career while chasing a three (?) year old. She's the Wonder Woman of the writing world.

3. Spy Scribbler. She hooked me during the Presidential Elections with her constant YouTubes and insightful viewpoints. Now that the confetti is all but colorful garbage in some landfill, Spy still continues to inspire my thoughts, as well as prop me up when I'm feeling weary.

4. Robin Bielman. What can I say except her blog makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. Not to mention, she's about the only other person I know who loves "Dexter".

5. Mark Terry. I ran across Mark via Erica Orloff's blog. His comments had me rolling on the floor, and also hinted that we share the same tortured souls and sick humor. I'm now his blog stalker.

6. Jude Hardin. Another guy I admired from afar at Erica's blog. One day he posted a comment at her blog suggesting to visit his blog, so what the hell, I did. He hooked me with granting permission to cuss in my posts. Gotta love a guy who lets me do that.

7. Last but never least, Marcia Colette, my twin sister. No one on this writing planet has done for me what she has, such as garnering me a scholarship to attend an RWA Conference by writing a heart wrenching letter to whomever gives out the scholarships. Why did she do it? Felt sorry for my half-blindness, perhaps, but I later found out it was because she wanted to meet me in person, and figured that was the only way to make it happen. Suffice it to say, she gives great letter, so it's no wonder why she's also a fabulous writer.

So there you have it, folks. My Magnificent Seven, making up the brightest constellation any galaxy has ever seen.

12 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Every single one of those is a daily read for me, except Robin Bielman. But now she is! A Bond and a Ranger fan... she MUST be cool!

Thanks, Kath! :-)

Mark Terry said...

How could I resist someone who happily thinks I'm a tortured soul with a sick sense of humor? :)

Amy Sue Nathan said...

Great list -- with a couple to put on my own radar. I love finding new blogs. Because you know, I have nothing else to do but read blogs. ;)

Kath Calarco said...

Spy, my fine find, I'm so glad I hooked you up to someone new. Robin needs to publish something soon because I'm sure her humor spills into her writing and needs to be shared with the world.

Kath Calarco said...

Mark, I do what I can to reel them in. :)

Kath Calarco said...

Amy, you know I wouldn't steer you wrong. Those blogs I mentioned are worthy of my eye time (which is at such a premium these days). Hope you enjoy the new ones as much as I do.

Edie Ramer said...

Kath, thanks for the shout out again! I just went to Robin's and I added her blog to my Google Reader. :)

It was good to see that scene from Funny Girl. It's been a long time since I saw the movie. We're all stars, baby. :)

Kath Calarco said...

Edie, I knew you could relate to the YouTube video. :) And you'll enjoy Robin's blog - she's crazy.

Kath Calarco said...

P.S. I mean Robin is crazy in all the good ways.

Anonymous said...

Crazy Robin here! Aww, thanks so much Kath! And oh my gosh, do I feel like I have a lot to live up to now. I don't think of myself as *that* funny, but if I make people laugh, then I'm really happy about that!

Thanks Spy and Edie for visiting me! And I'm going to be sure to check out the company you've included me in, Kath! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the honor. :-)

Jude Hardin said...

You're too kind, Kathy. Stop on over and cuss up a storm any time. :)