Monday, December 15, 2008

Dead People On the Move!


Well, she went and did it again. The talented Ms. Edie Ramer, through her brilliant writing, made it to the next round of Romantic Times' American Title Five contest.

From today, December 15, to December 29, the voting will be open. And it's so simple that you and all your alter-egos can handle it. Merely send an email to votes@romantictimes.com, with the title, "Dead People" in the subject line. Oh, and you can read hers and all the other entries at the Romantic Times web site, but I'm telling you, Edie's is the best one. All my alter-egos think so. Soon we'll be referring to her as La Edie. That's my prediction. This contest will launch her career and next thing she'll know, she'll be sitting on a best sellers' list, and remember:

A vote for Dead People is a vote to keep Edie's dream alive.

Just DO IT!

10 comments:

Edie Ramer said...

A vote for Dead People is a vote to keep Edie's dream alive.

Kath, I LOVE that! You are awesome!

Liz French from RT told us they only count one vote per person and they'll discount duplicate votes using different email addies. I asked Michelle how they would know it's the same person, and she said the could know somehow through the IP address. I'm not sure how that works. Probably Marcia would know.

Kath Calarco said...

What? Edie, do you know I just spent the last half hour looking up my alter-egos' email addresses? But, if it's true that they can track them through IP addresses, then that must mean you got a ton of votes without all my alter-egos not being counted.

Oh, and feel free to print the slogan on a tee-shirt.

Anonymous said...

No need to worry about where my vote(s) are going. I love Edie's characters.

And you can track people with their IP addresses because I see them whenever someone sends me something to my gmail account. Still, if they're mailing from work, like I plan to do, my IP address is dynamic. It changes every time I log in. In that case, it won't help trying to block mine because it'll always eb different.

Hmmmmm... Maybe I can vote every day for Edie. ;-)

Kath Calarco said...

Marcia, I didn't realize that IP addresses appeared in Gmail. I'll have to start paying attention.

Getting around it is easy, IMO. I can take my laptop to every Internet cafe or other establishments offering wireless. My alter-egos want to vote. :)

Anonymous said...

I did it! Voted for Edie that is! ;)
My fingers are crossed!

Kath Calarco said...

Robin, you had me scared for a second, thinking you "did it" because you ran out of Christmas shopping cash. ;)

I need to get all my alter-egos to vote. So much to do, so little time...

Anonymous said...

Yay! Edie!!!!!

Rick said...

When I first dropped by your blog, here's the first thing I read- "A vote for Dead People is a vote to keep Edie's dream alive." Almost knocked me out of my chair! I thought, "Maybe I'm visiting the wrong blog..."

Kath Calarco said...

Karin, Edie's going to win, and even if it's not the contest, it'll be a contract, I just feel it in my muse-bones.

Kath Calarco said...

Rick, I'm nothing if not decent at hooking, lol. Thanks for stopping by and I hope Edie's book title hooks you into voting for her.