I came up with five thousand things to write about in this, the last day of 2008, but am keeping the status-quo of what everyone does New Year's Eve: Make resolutions for the upcoming year, all to be broken by January 31, 2009. This year, however, I'm keeping it simple as well as realistic, and not going the "resolution" route. Rules rule, therefore, I give you
"Kath's Simple, Realistic Rules For A Happier Next Year"
- If it's easy then it's not worth my time. I've been down the beaten path enough to know that not only is it not fun, but breeds frustration.
- Take the path less traveled. See number 1 for explanation.
- Promote my writing friends' successes because frankly, nothing makes me happier than seeing their hard work pay off.
- Not let any more health issues stop me, unless, off course, they kill me first.
- Face each day with complete abandon.
- Take nothing for granted.
- Believe that I'm always doing the best I can.
- Rely on the universe for guidance 24/7.
- Remember that life really is too short.
- Take more naps.